When you are visiting our site, you may be asked for Personal Information to allow you to register as member of the Yamaha Club, participate in sales promotion services or prize competitions, answer our questionnaires or inquiries by e-mail or through the website, monitor Yamaha products, or e-mail news services concerning the Yamaha product lines, etc.
Yamaha employs encryption procedures in secure areas to ensure that communication between your browser and our system, for example, cannot be read by others on the internet. All data is stored exclusively on our servers and accorded a level of protection that is adequate and at least equivalent to that under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA).
Sensitive Personal Information
It is unlikely that we will collect any sensitive personal information about you. If, however, any sensitive personal data is required, we will collect, use and store such data in accordance with the DPA.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Yamaha may share your Personal Information in case we need to share your Personal Information to provide you with the products, product service and/or new product information, etc.
Yamaha will not sell nor rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to other companies or people if:
1. you have given your consent for us to share your Personal Information;
2. we need to share your Personal Information to provide the product, service, or information you requested;
3. we need to send your Personal Information to companies who work on our behalf to provide the product, service or information your requested (these companies will not have the right to use the Personal Information we provide to them except as necessary to assist us in providing you with the product, service or information you requested from us);
4. we are required to do so to comply with laws, subpoenas, court orders or other legal process;
8. Yamaha has retained the company or person to act as our agent to analyze data we collect, including Personal Information, solely to help us improve our products, services and web sites (these companies will not have the right to use or disclose the Personal Information we provide to them except as necessary to provide services to us)
Security of Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These measures include reviews of our information collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store Personal Information. We restrict access to Personal Information to Yamaha employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Transfer of Personal Information between Countries
It is unlikely that we will transfer Personal Information between Countries. If, however, transfer of Personal Information between Countries is necessary, we will ensure that the recipient has adequate procedures in place to protect such information.
Rights to Personal Information
We will amend, cease from using or delete your Personal Information within reasonable time of our receipt of your written request to do so. In addition, if you are registered as a user, you have the opportunity to view, delete or change such data yourself as necessary.
Questions and Comments
Data Protection Officer
YAMAHA MOTOR PHILIPPINES, INC.
Lots 1 & 2, Block 17, Phase 1,
Lima Technology Center,